Saturday, April 30, 2011

Paris Day 1





Arrival to Paris was uneventful, well if you don't count the fact that my flight was delayed due to Obama landing at MIA, and the kid seating behind me occasionally had the need to kick my seat. Luggage arrived timely and transport was already waiting for me. We drove by the Arc de Triumph and Champ Elyse on the way to the hotel. The concierge was friendly and accommodating, and my room surprisingly big for a single room. There's a farmers market on the street behind the hotel, as well as a fromage store and several patisseries on the same street. Yes, I'm in heaven!
I spent the afternoon at Chateau Versailles, my tour partners were a family from Italy. I was surprised as to how much I could understand the guide's Italian narrative. And with my Spanish we got along superbly!
As expected the Chateau was grandiose in every way. It was packed on account that Sunday May 1st is a holiday and it is closed, as well as regularly closed on Mondays. So many tourists like me with limited time only had today to visit. I'm glad I did.

I ended the day with dinner at "le cafe de la place" where I practiced my broken French and managed to order dinner, dessert and a beer!!
Not bad for day one!



Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone or iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment