Thursday, May 5, 2011

A snapshot of day 4




After a nice breakfast with the group we headed to the Saint Chapelle, a XIII Century church that took only 6 years to built, which considering it's splendor it is quite a feat. It's stained glass murals are breathtaking.
From there we went to Notre Dame, I was impressed by its architectural details. For some reason the St. Chapelle and the Sacred Heart church moved me a lot more than Notre Dame.
I wished I had the time to visit the crypts underneath.
From NotreDame we walked to the Latin Quarter were many famous writers used to hang out. After lunch I left the group to visit the Rodin Museum which was on my to do list. The gardens at the museum are very peaceful and surrounded by Rodin's sculptures. The must see pieces are in the garden. To see The Thinker and The Gates of Hell up close was really amazing.
The rest of the evening was spent packing and chillaxing, as day 5 is morning at the Louvre and afternoon ride to Beaune, in the Burgundy region.


Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone or iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment